• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was ripped off by a Technical school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

camil6

I need some legal advice. I attend a Technical school in Salt Lake City, Utah to learn computer programming. I had to takeout 17,000 dollars in student loans. I can honestly say I didn't learn anything. The education was poor. The schedules were unorganized. I haven't had one single job offer. And, if I did have one, I wouldn't have the knowledge to help the company. Anything I did learn, I taught myself. All the teachers, would just read directly out of the books. So, I just want to know, is there any law to protect me? Could I get my money back? I feel this school didn't live up to their end of the deal.

D

dorenephilpot

Nope -- especially not if you found the program lacking but continued to attend and rack up fees anyway.

Rather than spend your time worrying about how to sue the school, spend your time beefing up those much-coveted computer skills.

That's a great area where lots of folks are needed.

Best of luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">