• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what rights do the family have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmemaedme2

my grandfather passed away in 1992 he lived in Flordia when he died but spent almost his whole life in Ohio. My grandfather remarried in 1988 after my grandmothers passing in 1987. My question is that when my grandmother died her part of the estate transferd to my grandfather until he passed away. Which was right but then he remarried and when he died he did the same thing we are told. We have not seen a copy of the will even though we know his two daughters are in it. I am also but i was a minor at the time ( does That matter) . Can the new wife keep the will from us ? And what about my grandmothers part of the estate does she have a right to that. We have checked the court houses in flordia and ohio were he lived for a copy but thier are none. We do not know who is laywer was to go that route. please help . we do not want to get a laywer unless we have to. My grand father would not of wanted us to do that to her but it seems she is giving us no other chioce.
thank you
Teresa

ALawyer

10 years have passed and NOW you are asking?

As you checked the courthouses and found no will filed, and presumably you also checked records of real estate deeds, that may mean the property was held in joint name, or passed by beneficiary designation, or by operation of law, or pursuant to a trust.

My sense is that you are many years too late to track things down, but contacting a lawyer in the area of Florida Grandfather livedin makes sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">