• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

felony charges for theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I previously worked for a retail company, and was let go for theft. However, I am not guilty of all the charges. I'm being charged with 7 different situations, but only committed 3 of them. I first denied all of them, then admitted to some. Lost prevention then said I had done all of them. There was other people involved, however, I was the only one ever questioned and charged for this theft. I was embarrassed and wanted out as soon as possible. I signed admitting I was responsible for all of them, because they pretty much told me that thats what I was going to have to do. I was questioned by two males, and do not feel that they were fair about some things. I did not think that they would actually file charges on me, so that is another reason I went ahead and signed the confession. Now all charges are being combined and I'm being charged with felony charges and was told that I could serve any where between 2-10 years for this. I cannot afford to go to jail or have this on my record. I admit I've made a mistake, but I still don't feel that they were fair about everything. Basically, I want to know what I have to do to prevent myself from going to jail or having this put on my record. This is my first offense. I realize I will be fined, and that is fine. I will pay whatever I have to, I know I have to. I don't care how long I get probation for, or have to do community service for. Even if I have to do it for all the charges though I did not committ all of them. I just want to know if I actually have a chance to avoid going to jail or having the charges brought down. What are my chances? I need your advise.

T

Tracey

You need a lawyer. You've completely torpedoed your defense & you'll need a good attorney to get the confession supressed or to explain it away to the jury.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">