• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Definition Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickstafford

WHAT IS THE LEGAL DEFINITION FOR A PARTICULAR SITUATION WHERE YOU JUSTIFIABLY BREAK THE LAW TRYING TO PREVENT A LAW FROM BEING BROKEN ? FOR INSTANCE YOU SEE SOMEONE RUNNING OUT OF BANK WITH A GUN AND YOU DRIVE RECKLESSLY TO CATCH UP TO THEM.......NOT REALLY THAT SITUATION BUT ANY SITUATIONS LIKE THAT IN GENERAL .......ISN’T THERE A LEGAL TERM FOR THAT ?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

To receive the most complete legal information to your question,
you must include the State Name; Be Brief; To The Point; Type In Lower Case Letters.

My response:

"Justifiable Cause" or "Justifiable Excuse" - - especially when life, liberty and property are in immediate peril.

For example, you see a thief stealing your car. You pick up a rock and hurl it through the windshield, killing the thief. Are you liable for the homicide? Probably not because you had "justifiable cause" for attempting to stop the thief, and protecting your property.

IAAL

N

nickstafford

Thanks man, Tennessee is the state. Its just a habit that I type in all caps.......sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">