• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dragbuff

My father passed away and my one sister was appointed executor of the estate. I don't believe she is acting in my or the estates best interests.

Recently, she agreed to sell my father's business to a buyer for a quarter of the value that was discussed among my siblings (a value grossly below what the business is worth). Do I have rights to contest the sale?

She has not shared any information, including the estate lawyer's name. I am worried because now the house is going to be put on the market and I'm afraid she's going to "give" this away as well. The house is a substantial asset.

What are my rights as a named heir of the estate? What do I need to do to contest her actions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">