• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Heirship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wattwed

texas.... i am an adopted child. my adopted mother died 26 years ago. my adopted dad remarried my biological mother. my adopted mother had one biological son who signed a quit claim after her death, as did I. my biological mother had 5 other children by someone else. my adopted dad died two years ago without a will and a virbal request for me to have half the estate after his death. my mother wants to sell the house and give me my half out of it.

question: what rights do the stepchildren have to the estate? will they need to sign a quit claim in order for mother to sell? do i still have any rights since i signed a quit claim on the house?

any help will be great! :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">