• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College tuition discount program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barely

[kentucky]
Is it legal for a university to "pay" (e.g. cash, discounts or other compensation) students for successfully encouraging someone else to enroll in the university?
For example, would it be legal for a university have a program that awarded a one-time $1000 tuition discount for students who "enroll a friend" into the university?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

barely said:
[kentucky]
Is it legal for a university to "pay" (e.g. cash, discounts or other compensation) students for successfully encouraging someone else to enroll in the university?
For example, would it be legal for a university have a program that awarded a one-time $1000 tuition discount for students who "enroll a friend" into the university?
My response:

If it's a private university, why not?

Just think - - - all you'd have to do is convince 75 of your friends to enroll, and voila - - you'd have a free college education !

Sounds good to me.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">