• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor daughter..older man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phyl

my minor daughter (17 years old) is dating an older (23 years old) man that we do not approve of. is there anything we can do about it?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Depending on your state's age of majority, you can call statutory rape and have him criminally charged.

The best way to see if this applies to your situation is by going to the freeadvice.com homepage. Click on state laws and then click on your state. Look under the criminal code or penal code and look for statutory rape or some code mentioning minors.

It should state in there at what age is still considered a minor (i.e. not yet age of majority) and what contact is considered statutory rape.

P

peter

And did she lie to him about being 18?..

Seriously.......LYING DECIEVING WOMEN ARE TO BE TREATED LIKE TRAILER TRASH...IS YOUR DAUGHTER TRAILER TRASH?

Does your daughter owe the man ANY apology for LYING about her age?

Are you a lying mother about your own age? so you taught you daughter well to lie about her age.

Just think of the harm it would do to the man for beliving your daughters LIES!

P

phyl

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:

Seriously.......LYING DECIEVING WOMEN ARE TO BE TREATED LIKE TRAILER TRASH...IS YOUR DAUGHTER TRAILER TRASH?

Are you a lying mother about your own age? so you taught you daughter well to lie about her age.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Peter I do not lie about my age !!!
The man knows exactly how old my daughter is. Oh and by the way ..we are not trailer trash.

P

peter

The if he KNOWS her age and you can PROVE he knows her age, then and only then would i consider criminal charges against him....

remember thereare lots of lying trailer trash women who wind up on Rikki lake, or Jenny Jones where the girl LIES about her age because well..... she shows off the goods...

And how is a man supposed to tell if she is 15 16 17 if she is drinking smoking and doing drugs?.....

You could show this man a copy of her birth certificate and say this is your last warning, stay away or i will call the police... then if he doesnt well call the police and file a report.

R

red

Peter peter peter! Such hostility!! Not all girls lie about thier age!! A 21 yr old male knows my daughter's age (15), still talked her into having sex, and she is definetly NOT trash!! Sounds like you have had a bad experience, and need to get over it. It works both ways you know, this guy knew all the right buttons to push, and we've found out that he's going to be a daddy with two other girls with in the next few months. (yes, my daughter even showed the creep picture id)

B

bellestar

HEY SOME MEN CARE SOME DONT. SOME CHICKS LIE AND SOME DONT.BUT ITS THE PARENTS JOB TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT. THEN IF ALL THE FACTS ARE LAYED OUT TAKE LEGAL ACTION. I CAN SEE PETERS POINT, ALOT OF GIRLS LIE AND THE MEN PAY FOR IT. JUST CHECK ALL ASPECTS AND THEN ANALYS THE SITUATION BEFORE LEGAL ACTION IS DONE. BECAUSE A MISTAKE CAN CAUSE A LIFE OF GREEF......

R

Ray H

Whoa, people! Let's back off a bit and let the lady come up for air. Frankly, Phyl, you haven't given much information. Has it been established that intimacy has occured, or is the girl just going out with the guy against your wishes. Second, regardless, do they both have feelings for each other? If your only objection is that you don't like the guy, justified or not, keep in mind you may be looking at your future son-in-law. (At 17, if she wants to be with this fellow, they'll find a way - and she won't be 17 forever.) If you're not careful you may be driving your daughter out of your life instead of just her boyfriend. Like it or not, you can't live your daughter's life for her, and there's no law against the stupidity of youth. When I was that age, I was absolutely convinced my old man was an idiot. By the time my daughter was born ten years later, I was amazed at how much my dad had learned... He didn't approve of some of the stupid decisions I had made, but he had let me make them. Think about it.

This is general, NOT legal advice. I am NOT a lawyer. Your are NOT my client.

P

phyl

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red:
Peter peter peter! Such hostility!! Not all girls lie about thier age!! A 21 yr old male knows my daughter's age (15), still talked her into having sex, and she is definetly NOT trash!! Sounds like you have had a bad experience, and need to get over it. It works both ways you know, this guy knew all the right buttons to push, and we've found out that he's going to be a daddy with two other girls with in the next few months. (yes, my daughter even showed the creep picture id)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

M

maxi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phyl:
Originally posted by peter:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No Peter I do not lie about my age !!!
The man knows exactly how old my daughter is. Oh and by the way ..we are not trailer trash.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">