• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother drunk drove with me in the car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yella

I am 15 yr old in ny. (see drug charges board too for other stuff i was put through).

my mother got arrested for drunk driving with me in the car when i was 12. the cops sent me to her friend. someone told me now that they were supposed to call up child protection to report child abuse because i was minor in a car with drunk driving. is this true? and can i sue the police for not doing what they are mendated to do about abuse? i could have been taken away from her 4 years ago instead of feeling bad for her and feeling like i had to help her. now i smartened up but they should have taken me away back then. now i go to counseling and my dad and stepmom pays for it, but maybe the police should pay because they protected my mother by not making her charges to DWI and child abuse. thank you anyone for answers.

D

dankk

sorry the police cannot be arrested for this......

you have to understand what is common practice and thinking today, was RADICAL 4 years ago.

Mom driving drunk with you, got her a slap on the wrist, but not today if it happened.

Think of all the people in Jail who were sentenced 10-20 years ago in Texas and NY to 10 15 20 years becuase they have 1 oz of pot, where as today some states you could just get probation.

So Why dont they apply todays standards to the people who were convicted 20 years ago?

M

Mikedani

Yella
Good job on being able to face these difficult issues. Glad to hear you are with supportive parents that have you going to counseling.
There are probably at least 100 other times and reasons you could have been taken from your Mom considering She was a drug abusing alcoholic. Let this one go and move forward with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">