• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garage sale item.........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HrbieHsker

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and this weekend I had a garage sale in which I sold an Authentic Nebraska Football jersey. I bought the jersey through the University of Nebraska. The jersey did not have the players nameplate on it when I purchased it. After the purchase, I had a nameplate sewn on the jersey with the players name for my own personal liking. I had it in my garage sale basically to show it off, but also if I was to part with it, I had a $500 sticker on it. A guy looked at it and asked about it and I stated to him that I could not verify that this jersey was game worn or player issued. He asked nothing else and bought the jersey for $500 and a couple of glasses for a total of $515 in which he wrote a check for it. I cashed the check at his bank the next morning. He is now saying that he bought the jersey assuming that the jersey was actually game worn by the player whose nameplate I had sewn on the jersey. He is also saying something about " Buyer Remorse" and is wanting his money back. He is also saying that he is going to take this to court. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I also believe a sale is a sale. Does this BUYER REMORSE have anything to do with a GARAGE SALE purchase as compared to a dept store purchase for instance ?? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...Thanks...Tim P.

C

CombatTN88

Commiting Fraud

What! You believe that jersey costs 500 dollars? That guy though it was worn by a player which you sew the name on. If you sew somebody's name on the jesery which wasn't his, then you are committing a fraud because you tried to trick a buyer in buying that jersey.

Be prepared for a big one.

Regards, COmbat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">