• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

payneta2

Probate question for my grandmothers funeral

My mother and I have lived in Corpus Christi, Texas for over 40 years. She developed alzheimers about 5 years ago and has no will or anyone appointed as guardian. When she was in her right mind she purchased a plot and paid for her funeral in full. The headstone already bears her name. Right now there are conflicts between her children from her previous marriage and 2nd marriage. The children from her previous marriage are malicious and pulled her from her home 5 yrs ago and put her in a nursing home in McAllen, Texas. We did not contest because we knew she needed 24 hr care. Now they are wanting to bury her in the town where she was raised and not where she spent the last 40+ years in a place near her husband (my father). What are our legal rights? Can they do this? If so, can we fight it in court? Would we have a chance of winning? If so, how much would something like this cost? Is there a good Elder Law attorney in McAllen, Texas?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">