• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dgdeleon

TEXAS: My father passed away in Jan. Had 54 acres which he had deeded to 3 sons & daughters, 2nd wife and adopted her son. 2nd Wife passed away in 99. Is this deed to be divided in equal shares and if so, was deceased 2nd spouse's share considered half my dad's and half her son on her death? For whatever reason, my father decided to include the mention of the deed in the will and requested that division of the property in the deed be 30,10,10, 2 & 2. Is this possible?

ALawyer

I'd like to help, BUT I am totally confused. If he deeded the property to X, she presumably owned it, or part of it, and his will can not impact what she owned unless he inherited it back from her as a result of her death.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">