• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdhawk1

My stepmother is personal representative to my fathers estate, is she supposed to send me imformation about the account and what money is being distibuted where & to who? The attorney will not send me an accounting of the probate. He has ignored all requests. I live in the state of Missouri.

Last edited:

ALawyer

Check the probate file for yourself in the court house. You don't get all sorts of information UNLESS you are a beneficiary.

Dandy Don

When did the death occur? You need to allow some time (about 4-6 months) for the personal representative to handle the affairs of the estate.

Make sure she knows your address so she can send you your check when the time comes.

Try to find out when the probate hearings for this estate are held so you can attend if possible.

It is somewhat rude for them not to tell you anything about what is going on.

DANDY DON

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">