• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of Heirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elpasogranero

I live in Texas and am having problems with my older sister who was appointed exutrix of my Mothers estate. I understand that as an independant executrix she has the authority to handle my Mothers estate as she sees fit to. She has made distributions to my other sister and brother and to herself according to the will. However she has made no attempt to make any distributions to me and refuses to share any information with me. I have not been told how much was sold at the estate sale or if the taxes have been paid on the property that my Mother left me in her will. It has now been over a year since my sister filed the will for probate and I am now at a loss as what to do.

I would like to know what rights, if any, I have as an heir to my Mothers estate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph H. Diamond
El Paso, Texas
[email protected]

JETX

Make a visit to the Probate court handling the estate. All of the documents are public record... take a look. And if you have additional problems, you may have to talk with an attorney experienced in probate issues to file a motion of review on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">