• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mamacat104

my husband died without a will and we are trying to get the estate settled in court ... I am having a lot of problems from a sister who wants to attack me and go after EVERYTHING on the estate, including what is NOT rightfully hers... She is wanting to also find out what I got from insurance, which I feel is NONE of her business or anyone else, since it is NOT part of the estate in probate.
Can I be forced to tell the court what I got from an insurance policy or retirement fund if I was the sole beneficiary of the policy? Can his sister force me to tell what I have? Or Can I tell all of them that it is NONE of their business and be within my legal rights to tell her to back off because this is MY personal information and she has no right to it?
thanks
Barbara / Texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">