• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI stri searched to prove I had a mastectomy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RitaRita

YOUR STATE NAME - California
I was pulled over when "paced" purportedly doing u to 45mph in a 40mph zone. Then I was arrested for DUI after explaining that I have too poor balance to successfully complete the FST and would like to have a blood test performed at the hospital. I explained to the officer about all the medications I take in conjunction with various illnesses (breast cancer chemo, depression, arthritis, etc). He acknowledged all this and drove me to the hospital for the blood test. BUT, when I returned to the station I was under arrest and forced to strip (female officer at least) to verify the removal of my right breast. Needless to say I was demoralized and humiliated. I have never been arrested before. I DID tell the officer the truth that I just had 2 Mimosa's at home and had to go out to pick up my son at his friend's house. I don't believe I did anything illegal to warrant such a terrible search (strip searches are not usually performed on cooperative and safe potention DUI people) I really believe the officer stopped me because I am blonde and driving alone. (not really a racial profile but I can't think of any reason other than he just wanted to boost citations) I was congenial and friendly and "cooperative" per his report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">