• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Disclosures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shadowhunter

YOUR STATE NAME - Alaska
I purchased property in Alaska and the couple that sold us the land had developed 12 one acre lots. When they gave us a map of the area it showed the lots that we could pick from. Later we find out that this map that they used to show prospective buyers had the words "Flood Hazard Zone" covered up before she made copies. You can see if you look at the copies that they had done this. Now I find out that in order to build on the property it will cost $5,000 to $6,000 more and water might be a problem in the winter. What can I do...we still owe them over $14,000 for the lot.

JOHN

HomeGuru

shadowhunter said:
YOUR STATE NAME - Alaska
I purchased property in Alaska and the couple that sold us the land had developed 12 one acre lots. When they gave us a map of the area it showed the lots that we could pick from. Later we find out that this map that they used to show prospective buyers had the words "Flood Hazard Zone" covered up before she made copies. You can see if you look at the copies that they had done this. Now I find out that in order to build on the property it will cost $5,000 to $6,000 more and water might be a problem in the winter. What can I do...we still owe them over $14,000 for the lot.

JOHN
**A: please post on the Real Estate Law board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">