• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Frustrated in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frustrat3dInCA

YOUR STATE NAME - California

My husband and I moved to CA 9 months ago. We had no credit, but knew a dealer. We met with dealer and he said that he would finance us "In House" so we were unable to negotiate a price. Paid $5K down, and have been paying off the other $5k for 8 months.

During this eight months, we have also had extensive work done on the car, as much as we could afford. For the past 4 months or so we've had to put off doing any work on it because it was too expensive. Today ( now that we've got some extra cash), I brought it in, because the brakes were going. It turns out that not only do the front and rear breaks need to be replaced, but the rear suspension, the engine mount and a whole load of other things too. I don't believe the check engine light has ever gone off.

We've totalled $4K into the car now above and beyond the $10K asking price.

The car is an As-Is 1996 VW Passat. It's got upwards of 120,000 miles on it ( a lot, I know). The dealer is a small independent dealer. We've got 4 payments left.

Is there an action I can take under the Lemon Law? Thanks in advance to your response, even though I'm afraid the news won't be good.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Frustrat3dInCA said:
YOUR STATE NAME - California

My husband and I moved to CA 9 months ago. We had no credit, but knew a dealer. We met with dealer and he said that he would finance us "In House" so we were unable to negotiate a price. Paid $5K down, and have been paying off the other $5k for 8 months.

During this eight months, we have also had extensive work done on the car, as much as we could afford. For the past 4 months or so we've had to put off doing any work on it because it was too expensive. Today ( now that we've got some extra cash), I brought it in, because the brakes were going. It turns out that not only do the front and rear breaks need to be replaced, but the rear suspension, the engine mount and a whole load of other things too. I don't believe the check engine light has ever gone off.

We've totalled $4K into the car now above and beyond the $10K asking price.

The car is an As-Is 1996 VW Passat. It's got upwards of 120,000 miles on it ( a lot, I know). The dealer is a small independent dealer. We've got 4 payments left.

Is there an action I can take under the Lemon Law? Thanks in advance to your response, even though I'm afraid the news won't be good.
My response:

Nope. You're stuck with it, "as-is."

IAAL

F

Frustrat3dInCA

Thanks

That's what I thought. But it was worth checking into, as it vented my anger at the stich

EDIT: That's what I get for trying to be hip.

stich=situation

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">