• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messager with Petition Arrested on Public Site WHY???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anniebell

HI I was collecting signutures for a local District petition that everyone was carrying
and signing and the local Food Store had me
arrested. Can I get Disorderly for this and
can I sue the store for false arrest, public
hummiliy, and harrasement? Please get back to
me thank you Just a mom of 4 children. Thanks

------------------
Anniebell

A

Anniebell

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anniebell:
HI I was collecting signutures for a local District petition that everyone was carrying
and signing and the local Food Store had me
arrested. Can I get Disorderly for this and
can I sue the store for false arrest, public
hummiliy, and harrasement? Please get back to
me thank you Just a mom of 4 children. Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
894 people signed this petition, and i was standing in front of a store on the side walk
with the petition when the manager came out and told me they don't do goverment stuff. I needed to leave. I remarked that this is public side walk and will not go in the store.
He said they owned the sidewalk and the parking lot. And if I didn't leave he would
call the police. He did they came and told me
that it was private property and I will walk
you to your car. I said no and then I was
arrested put in the car and taken to the police station. The police office said tresspassing and when I recieve ticket it was
Disorderly conduct. I did nothing but say no.
I am in Wisconsin...I checked out that store
and if they own the store or the sidewalk or
the parking lot. And they don't...It is leased and yet mine name is in the paper for
Disorderly Conduct. What should I do. I am
no guilty. Thanks

------------------
Anniebell

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You should consult with an Attorney who is very familiar with U.S. Supreme Court cases and Constitutional Law. You were practicing a right of Political Free Speech, and I believe, should not have been arrested.

However, there are exceptions to every rule. So, you really need to consult the proper Attorney to see whether you have a cause of action against the store, and the police department.

And, like everything else when we wish to exercise our rights under the Constitution, or to right a wrong, it's going to cost you big bucks to do this, because it is rare for a Constitutional Attorney to accept Pro Bono work, or to work on a Contingency basis.

Good luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

A

Anniebell

Thank you to all that e-mail me on my arrest.
The lawyer sent letter yesterday the ciy dropped the charges against me. However this
cost me $1,000 in lawyer cost along with
family harrasement and embarssment to say the
least. It also was in the local news paper.
Thanks for your support all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">