• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

racjmc

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? New Jersey
my mother owns her home free and clear, my sister lives with my mother. I want my mother to sell the house to my sister for any amount (one dollar) for several reasons, I am not interested in the assets, it is mostly for my mothers benefit she is
83 years old. we, the two children will take responsibilty for our mother. this is the only assest she owns, reason mostly for mothers ability to recieve as many benefits possible from the state since she has no cash. my reasoning, mother would be eligable for care from the state without the asset of homeownership. the home is willed to my sister and me to which I have no interest. I mainly want the best care possible for my mother and to secure my sisters future. would it be in my mothers best interest to transfer the deed into my sisters name now? what about any possible gains tax, market value of house approximately $180,000

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">