• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we force a corporation sale to get inheritance cash?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MB2

What is the name of your state? New York My 2 broithers and I recently inherited cash and 50% of the shares of a real estate corporation from our mother. The corporaton owns 11 houses, all on just 1 deed! The other 1 partner holds the other 50% of the shares and does not want to buy or sell. I was told that it would be difficult to sell just half of a RE corp., so is there any way we could get the court to force the sale on the entire corp?l (I heard it's called a partition forced sale) I understand when inheritance taxes can't be met, a forced sale may occur, but we have more than enough cash in the estate to cover all of the taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">