• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay mess up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Syed05

Hello, I live in Texas. I bought a VW dune buggy on Ebay, and picked it up from the person. It was definately a project, and it said it in the auction. It also said that the engine runs and that the auction is sold as is. I took it home and after a week, I tried turning the engine over, and it was locked up. I drained the oil and water came out with it, I also took off the valve covers, and there was water in there too. I tried everything I could, but couldn't get it to turn over. So I took it back to the person, and he said he would get it running and <B>start it up</B> for me and have it all ready for me by the end of the week. He called me later that week and told me he was busy and couldn't find the time. Later that month, he told me that some guy wrote him a hot check and he couldn't get it started because he was busy looking for the guy, but he got it turning freely, and that I could come and pick it up. The thing is, if it had rusted, the cylinder walls could be rusted, and pitted, which means no compression and that it won't run. He is also making the excuse to start it that he has no VW transmission to keep it on to start, even though when we bought the sandrail, we asked if the transmission works, he said yes, and if it didn't, he had two others from 2 other Beetles he had in his lot. Now, I told him that he said he would give it back to me running, and he said he did more than enough, just by freeing it up, because in the auction, he said it is sold as is. Now he says if I don't pick it up in a week, he will sell it. It has been five months since it has been with him, and I can't think of anything to do. This is a lot of information, so I think it might be confusing, so if you can advise me, and need clarification, just ask me. Thanks a lot.

M

MSWCCC

Sold as-is. Sold with running transmission. You can get your money back. He'll deny it, but take him to Judge Judy. You'll get your money back because he did say running transmission. He probably said that under false pretenses and put the as-is to throw buyers off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">