• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5th trip to repair shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sesms

What is the name of your state? Texas. After 5 trips to the Toyota service department within a six month period, I am still having trouble with the power door locks unlocking while I'm driving. The 'fixes' that have been done are only temporary. One part has been replaced, the other times I get the "loose connection, loose wiring" type stories. My car will be fine for a week or two, or a month, then the problem returns. Going down the highway at 70mph and having to continually lock the doors is not my idea of a safe ride. I've had the car three years, is it past the lemon law coverage or do I have any recourse? Thank you.

B

BSanders

Just food for thought... I believe on potential lemon law claims it has to be the exact type of concern addressed at the dealer two times within the first year and 12,000 miles and two more times before 24,000 miles. However, you could consider writing a demand letter to the manufacturer (should be in your owners manual) about the safety of the wiring, or getting the GM of the dealer involved in proactively fixing the concern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">