• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wet Wreckless

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Narlybob

California...

I had my arrangement today for DUI charges. BAC of .08...the legal limit in California. Pleaded not guilty. Made appointment to speak with the DA and requested public defense. Have a question about plea bargains. I have a feeling I will be offered a wet reckless, or possible reckless driving, but would like some info for consideration.
Are the charges about the same? I assume all the same charges except the probation may be decreased and no alcohol program if reckless driving charge. Am I correct?

What else can I offer as a guilty charge or plea which would result in minimal punishment? I also have a good chance to beat the entire case, but the outcome could be worse if I went that route and were found guilty. I do not meet with my defense lawyer for a few days and just want as much info before I speak with either.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">