• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stace

My grandmother passed away in Florida. I know my greedy mother had the will changed last year, and I haven't been notified about it, so I don't know if I got ousted from it or not. I checked with the Florida county where her death certificate and will would be filed, but there is no record. Is my mother getting away with something? How do I find out more information without having to ask my crazy mother about it? And I don't want to spend money on a lawyer to look into it either. Is there any other way? :confused:

ALawyer

If there was NO will, your "greedy mother" would share any assets with her siblings and any children of pre-deceased siblings. Grandkids are NOT heirs at law, and you have NO rights to inherit. If there was a Will - vs. a living trust or informal administration - that has to be probated it will eventually be filed in the county where grandma lived.

As for contesting any will, that's something to look at on under wills and probate on www.FreeAdvice.com - it's usually VERY hard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">