• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will she serve jail time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

straightasaarrow

My husbands ex-wife was arrested for unlayfully possessed with the intent to use with illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia. When she first was pulled over for this she was only summons to court. She ended up not showing up for court and I guess failed to a programe I guess was for drug testing, don't really know just what she said. Then she had a warrant and then was picked up and arrested. Will she go to jail for this offence? She told us the judge said she could get 3 to 5 years. This is in the state of AZ. Any information please. This is her first offence.

Thank you

C

c

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by straightasaarrow:
My husbands ex-wife was arrested for unlayfully possessed with the intent to use with illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia. When she first was pulled over for this she was only summons to court. She ended up not showing up for court and I guess failed to a programe I guess was for drug testing, don't really know just what she said. Then she had a warrant and then was picked up and arrested. Will she go to jail for this offence? She told us the judge said she could get 3 to 5 years. This is in the state of AZ. Any information please. This is her first offence.

Thank you
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, she will go to jail for a long, long time.

P

peter

Thats GREAT NEWS she will be out of your lives for a long time.....whooo hooo

S

straightasaarrow

I really don't look at that way, that she will be out of our lives. There is two children to think about. I am only the stepmom and I can't help being mostly sadden by the situation. I have tried to help my husbands ex but mostly sending email and teller her how important it is to get clean and healthy for her children. We want her to be in the childrens lives but she has to be clean to do that. Apart of me thinks this could be the best thing to happen to her is going to jail maybe its her wake up call but it still saddens me and I can't help thinking of what she is going to go through being a addict. My emotion are going round and round and so is my husbands. He is more over on she go what she deserved for what she has been doing to herself and for most the kids. His ex has a very big problem with smoking meth and from what I read its bad, bad stuff to get off of. Yeah we can yahoo!!! to the facted it will not be hard to get custody but if you look at the whole picture its sad and heartbreaking for the children and thats what we look at first. I pray that what might or will happen to her she will learn from it but at this point for the most part she seems to have gaven-up she has not contacted her kids by voice for three weeks. I wish I could change that and I have tried. So all those who think this is a time to be happy that something like this has happen its not when children are suffering too. Thanks again.

P

peter

WhooooHOOOOoooooooooo

Get those kids step mom, take her to court get custody, damn it..... If its hubbys kids they should live with you,

No more child support Whooo hoooo

Best news in years,......

P

peter

GET WITH THE PROGRAM STRAIGHT......

DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR HER AT ALL... YOU CAN'T BE A WIMP.....

UNTILL YOU GET FULL TOTAL CUSTODY

Then she will have to EARN any vistation rights..

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO YEAH!

S

straightasaarrow

Well guess what Peter she doesn't have to serve jail time. All she got was a year probation and 150 dollar fine. What gets me is the warrant was not an issue was never brought up, or the facted she did not show up to court the first time. She told the court she did not know the pipe us there. She pleaded guilty and it the class 6 felony was reduced to a mister... The state lawyers that was there said the pipe was found in the console with green substance in it. The judge nor the state said she did not attended the TASK programe or show up for court for the first time. It was her car they found this stuff in. Her boyfriend was driving but it was her car and she had no idea that this pipe was there please!!!!. I am happy she did not go to jail but I am upset she had know drug programe to attend or has to go through drug screening. I think if any person who has to go to court for any drug offence should be asked if the have any children if they do they should be drug tested as offend as possible. Where in the hell is the protection of children in this country. Ok got that out the good news is we got the court date today for emergency custody proceedings. So here we go but me and my husband know this is what is best. We have the documents to back up everything not only the drugs but kids being late to school 15 times last year, two evictions, letters to the children promising them things that never happen, spending child support checks on herself when the children have been with us for the last two months. I just don't understand the system and I hope the system that deals with custody listen and really look at what is going on. Thanks Peter any more info is welcome. Maybe you can explain what happen today or why they seem to over look things in the system? Thanks again.......

P

peter

My take on the justice system is that it only handles one item ata time, and to ask those questions is too much of a burden on everybody.

So you have to have a second hearing, and a third to discuss each issue....

Also the Judge is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and if the fact she has 2 kids isn't right in front of his face in the documents, and that the kids are in foster care,or there is no report about the bad conditions well he wont ask.....

sort of like the policy of dont tell dont ask of gays in the military.

D

deeken25

call the probation department in your city and ask to speak to her probation officer she/he will be more than happy to talk to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">