• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

ww458

State of Tennessee: I am desperate for information...can anyone tell me what the procedure in the state of Tennessee is for the heirs to petition the probate court to have an executor removed and another one appointed? I am desperate to get our estate settled, but the current executor-who is one of the heirs- is using one delay tactic after another, and one of the heris involved desperately needs to get this settled. Please, if anyone in the know can help me with this I would be extremely grateful.

Dandy Don

You need to consult with a local probate attorney. If there is an urgent reason that the funds are needed, your attorney could file a petition with the probate court for an expedited/rush payment.

At this stage of the estate proceedings, it is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for a replacement executor to be named.

DANDY DON

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">