• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A$$HOLE Parking in Handicap spot.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kona777

Parking in Handicap spot.

What is the name of your state? Maine
I want to start a webiste that will show pics of unuthotrized automobiles using properly marked handicap spots. I want to take a picture of the auto, front and back, showing no handicap sticker or plate displayed. Then blurr the license plate, and post the violator on the website. I will leave a note notifying the violator. Can I do this legally? I am not identifying the individual or vehicle.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

C

CombatTN88

Re: A$ Parking in Handicap spot.

kona777 said:
What is the name of your state? Maine
I want to start a webiste that will show pics of unuthotrized automobiles using properly marked handicap spots. I want to take a picture of the auto, front and back, showing no handicap sticker or plate displayed. Then blurr the license plate, and post the violator on the website. I will leave a note notifying the violator. Can I do this legally? I am not identifying the individual or vehicle.
Thanks
Yes. You can do that. Since you are not identifying the individual or vehicle, you are protecting his privacy, so he can't sue you.

Good Luck, Combat

P

plifter

You have too much time on your hands. Why not spend your time doing something productive?

K

kona777

READ MY POST AGAIN

READ MY POST AGAIN. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY. MAYBE YOU NEED SOMEONE TO READ IT TO YOU. GO ASK YOUR MOMMIE.

K

kona777

Yes your correct

But I do not just let those little mental midgets get away with talking like that.

Rochelle

Personally, I find his remarks amusing. He always tries to come up with the ultimate insult (usually spelled incorrectly) and ends up sounding like a petulant child. Just wait until you read his next posting. A real genius he is.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plifter said:
You have too much time on your hands. Why not spend your time doing something productive?

Plifter would like everyone to "do the Plifter" in their cars. Plifter must have "stock" in the Kleenex Corporation.

IAAL

P

plifter

I want to take pictures of all of the empty handicap parking spaces at the mall and other businesses. They are a total waste of space. I believe the A.D.A. required all of these "extra" unnecessary handicap spaces. My company has 6 handicap spots in the employee lot as required but we have no handicapped employees!

K

kona777

You don't even work I bet. There are more non handicap people so more regular parking spots. But if you want to try something, get a wheelchair, take some medication so you can not feel your legs for 24 hours, then try doing your regular life activites. I think you will change your mind.

K

kona777

I asked people if they knew that was a handicap spot, 99% said they didn't, and moved. The other 1% said they had placard but didn't have it. I say no problem. I am sure they were probably happy that someone was watching out for their rights. If someone does not have placard or license plate, they are in violation. If I post their car and they have placard and I was in error I will remove it. And by law they have to show it. As for the guy in the wheel chair, no biggie. If he doesnt want to use the spot don't. It sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder. If he wants no special help, then maybe he should nto have a wheel chair. A folding chair would be suitable.

J

justathought

Random musings from my workplace:

One woman at work has a serious heart condition and can't walk very far and does have a handicap "hangar"--however with age setting in, she doesn't always remember to put it up... Would she be ignorant in your case? No sticker, no tags but you better believe she needs that space. Just because the tag isn't showing at that time, doesn't mean she's scamming the system.

One woman, enroute to work, pulled into a convenience store parking lot handicap space with the motor running and as she was only stopping into the store for one thing and forgot to tag the mirror. This guy comes running in after her on a tirade about her raving ignorance and she should be ashamed of herself and blah, blah. She politely tries to explain that she indeed has a placard and can't go but more than a few yards without heart trouble, but he would not believe her and kept on ranting... Chased her out to her car where sure enough, it was sitting on the armrest.

So in your opinion, are these two women guilty as charged by you? Will you offer humble apologies for mistaken cases?

On a side note, one gentleman at work, in a wheelchair, took insult with the administration which gave him a designated handicap spot *and* waived the three-hundred-bucks-a-month parking charge. Threatened a discrimination lawsuit because he feels the administration was "treating him differently due to a disability"--mind you better than everyone else, but still differently. He doesn't use the spaces--he feels that they are perpetuating discrimination because people treat him different and look down on him for taking the better spots. Mind you, our three-hundred bucks a month doesn't guarantee a space in our limited parking situation and logistically, he has now taken up two spaces--one handicap that he refuses to use and one "handi-capable"--because no one without the placard can use the originally designated space.

Will your website go both ways? There are the non-handicapped people that abuse handicap spaces and then there are people with handicap tags that have the option to park right up front that don't take it... letting them go empty, frustrating everyone else who can't park there--even though the spaces are a) open and b) willingly left so by those that wanted them in the first place.

Okay, so I'm a little fenced on the issue... but I guess these are my random musings that you can chew on if you would like...

J

justathought

First, I'm sorry I apparantly hit something wrong in the posting process. The original post that you freaked over was the rough draft of my thought process... as you can see I clarified a few things and realized that some things were insensitive and changed them. I'm sorry you got the random thought process and I deleted it so only the finished remains.

I'm not trying to be cruel, I'm just telling you like I see it... And I think you have the wrong impression of me. If you do a search for people on the site trying to get out of handicap plate violations, you might find one about only being an "inch or so" into the space and my tirade on her because a violation is a violation and she's probably never tried to park a hydraulic van trying to figure out if there's going to be room for the lift to come out.

Another one for you? What about handicap spaces being stolen by handicap people. A dear friend of mine has a young child with CF and a big, heavy electronic wheelchair. Since she has no support because daddy didn't want to deal with the situation, she's in income-sensitive housing. She had to have the city install a handicap sign directly in front of the door to her parking-lot-free building because of the difficulties of managing alone... . Meanwhile the neighbors have decided that their handicap space (the one *included* in rent for a not as serious condition) was too inconvenient for them because it's behind the building and they don't like to use the back door because it's sketchy and has taken hers consistently (oh, and she can't use the back stairs--wheelchair and all). Well, she can't use their spot because it's a private lot and she can't get them towed because the space they put in is technically street (aka public) parking. That frustrates me--moreso because at least if it was someone ignorant without tags, it could be resolved.

So are the mean kids next door absolved because they have tags?

I get that you're frustrated. I guess that I've just come to grips that everyone gets what's coming to them... Whether it's a sweet scratch from the lift scraping down on their "only an inch or so" illegally parked car or something else... It all comes back sooner or later and I can either sit and fume about things that probably aren't going to change much (like you seem to) or smile smugly to myself thinking of all the bad things that *could* happen to those that insist on being schmucks. With such a vivid imagination, I think my outlet is more satisfying. ;)

K

kona777

NO TAG< NO PARK.

Handicap people need some special assistance. My point is that, NO TAG, NO PARK!!. The cross hatches in the handicap are not a special spot, it is to lower a ramp and get in or out. Some people are just stupid. They know it is a handicap spot, they are just to selfish or lazy. Oh, by the way, what put me over the edge with this when my friend lowered his ramp to exit in his wheel chair, and some one was trying to park in the hash marks. They proceded to hit his van door, wrecked it, then drove off. He was lucky, it barley closed. He had to pay for it out of his own pocket.Handicap people do not need to be babied, just assisted once in a while. Remember, we all need a helping hand some time or another.

P

plifter

I see your point now. Terrorists and thieves are a low priority. Something needs to be done about these *******s parking in handicap spots IMMEDIATELY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">