• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scholarship refunded in error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lori444

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I received a scholarship last year which was deposited in my account at the University I attend. The university messed up my course schedule and sent the money back stating that I had not attended courses in the past year. The amount of the scholarship is $5000. My professors have acknowledged that I indeed have been attending and completing classes. The irganization is refusing to send the money back. Who is responsible? The university made the error.

JETX

Need a lot more facts... such as:
1) How was this 'error' made?
2) What were the conditions of the scholarship?
3) Who offered the scholarship?
4) What are the precise facts regarding the schedule error?

These are just SOME of the issues that would have to be reviewed to determine what actions you might be able to take.

In any case, get your facts together and consider at least filing in small claims (NH = $5k limit).

L

lori444

The schedule error is that they cancelled my course and then rescinded the cancellation and then missed me on the registration log. They simply had no record of me taking the courses even though I was receiving grades.

The scholarship was given to me by a professional association. The terms of the scholarship only stated that I needed to be an active student and maintain a 2.5 gpa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">