• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frank Baccarat

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California
A clause in my recently deceased father's will states:
'I have intentionally omitted to provide for (MY NAME) in this will or in my Declaration of Trust dated 10/26/92. (MY NAME) has claimed to be my child. I am not his father. However, should some court in the future validate his claim as my child, I specifically exclude him from my probate estate and my trust estate, and leave him nothing.
Would contesting the will from his substantial estate be of any value since he essentially denies being my father (then says there might be truth to this)?

Dandy Don

It would not do any good to contest the will.

Your status as a legitimate or illegitimate son can not get around the overriding factor that the will and the trust are his documents and he has the right to disinherit anyone that he wants to, unfortunately.

DANDY DON

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">