• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landscaping snapfoo!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnnhez

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Georgia. The landscapers I had hired for a $9,000 job are refusing to complete the job. Looks as if I am going to have to hire another company to complete the job, which means more bucks out of my pocket. I plan to take the original landscapers to small claims court. In addition to damages sustained to my yard, can I sue them for interior carpet damage for soiling my carpets (negligent site management). Can I sue for lost time from work?? Can I sue for punitive damages?? I can provide photographs of where they destroyed the sod in my yard if it could help someone help me.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
John:rolleyes:

JETX

Q1) "In addition to damages sustained to my yard, can I sue them for interior carpet damage for soiling my carpets (negligent site management)."
A1) Yes, you can include that as 'damages', and depending on the circumstances the court may, or may not, allow it. And WOW, you're lucky... at $15k, Georgia small claims limit is the HIGHEST in the country (tied with Delaware).

Q2) "Can I sue for lost time from work??"
A2) Yes, you can include your claim, but the court will probably reject it.

Q3) "Can I sue for punitive damages??"
A3) No. Not in Small Claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">