• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Sale; Used Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

honeydew

What is the name of your state?
Maine

Problem:
I purchased a used vehicle through private sale. However, no where on the bill of sale does it say "As is."
The transmission blew exactly one week after I purchased the vehicle.
I contacted the seller and advised of the situation and requested any information he may have about the vehicle.
He was very rude and began calling me names and using vulgar language. He stated that he would rather spend the $4000 on lawyer fee's then return my money. :mad:
I advised him that I was not requesting to return the vehicle only wanted more information on the condition of the vehicle. He continued to use improper language so I discontinued the conversation.
At this point I am totally frustrated and do not want the vehicle anymore and do wish to return it. Is there anything that can be done about my situation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">