• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Geri Fisher

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Nebraska, My sister is executor of Moms will, she demanded the house key, before the will has been read. I gave it up, due to a problem with a debt my sisters' son had Grandma co-sign for, and I don't want any part of his debt to come out of my inheritance. It is 50/50 no one else involved, unless there is something I don't know about. I have been caretaker for the past 10 yrs. and my sister visited, but, I lived out of state when will was drawn up, so, just never had it changed. Then, found out about this debt, and Mom went downhill fast, nursing home for 2 months, and passed there, so I had durable power of attny, and handled her affairs until her death, now due to this 45 yr.old boy wanting us to pay his debt,my sis got her key, was I wrong? What can I do now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">