• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liability of parents for minors action?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angiesavon

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My son pleaded gulity to GSI only because we were told to do so by counsel. We were not even through the sentencing part of the criminal hearings then we were contacted by attornies asking us to turn our letter over to our homeowners policy for fair settlement in a civil suit. Our homeowners would not get involved until sentencing took place because they did not want to get involved in the criminal part of the whole ordeal. Our counsel for our criminal hearings wrote them a letter stating that our insurer said more than likely we do not have coverage for sexual acts. Our counsel said that they may let it go since we don't have insurance coverage, but I am worried they will not. My counsel mentioned something to the tune that Ohio does have statutes limiting the amount parents would be responsible for for their child's actions. Do you know what this amount would be? He thought it was no more than five to ten thousand dollars? I appreciate any info. you could supply me with. Thanks, Angie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">