• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 transmissions - 20,000 miles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

denisev

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?

New York state, last stranded in Connecticut.

My transmission has been replaced three times by Ryan Chrysler, Wantagh, NY (5/2000, 6/2001, 10/2001). My husband just picked up my car in Old Saybrook, CT where Stanley Chrysler had to put in yet another transmission.

Daimler Chrysler will take no responsibility in terms of parts. Ryan Chrysler will take no responsibility in terms of installation. I am still covered under the terms of the Mopar 3/36 reman warranty.

I have found out 2 things:
1- Daimler Chrysler is recommending 2 transmissions fluids in their manuals. Dexron which was used in at least some of my rebuilts may be a problem.

2 - There is indication that Ryan Chrysler improperly installed my last transmission as Stanley Chrysler could not get it out. Stripped bolts/cracked harness.

Neither Daimler nor Ryan Chrysler will help with consequential damages or recognize that my family was fatally jeopardized on the highway(we were doing 65mph when the car went into neutral).

Do either NY or CT force Daimler or Ryan to pay incidental and consequential damages as their contract indicates that some states do? I cannot determine which states, and they refuse to tell me.

Do I have any recourse?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">