• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Towed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bchoffel

I live in the state of Maryland. I parked my vehicle in a space that was clearly marked, "No parking between 3 PM-6PM." At 3:00PM, I came outside to leave and the tow truck driver was in front of my vehicle and preparing to tow it. Now, my car was not actually on the tow truck at this time. I asked the driver to please leave my car alone and he said, "I can't do that. The ticketing person is over there [he motioned across the street] and I can't stop it now." The tow truck driver was not a municipal employee. I have already paid the ticket and impound fee, which is a total of $192.00. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like it's a total abuse of the way the system was designed to work. By the way, I was working in a homeless shelter and waiting for a fax to come through so the woman could move. I have a copy of the timed fax if it matters. Will a judge show any leniency given these circumstances? Also, I have been driving for 12 years and never received any traffic violations. Please respond.

B

bchoffel

PS *bchoffel HAS had traffic violations. I'm using my pal's login because he's the one who showed me this website.

C

CombatTN88

bchoffel said:
I live in the state of Maryland. I parked my vehicle in a space that was clearly marked, "No parking between 3 PM-6PM." At 3:00PM, I came outside to leave and the tow truck driver was in front of my vehicle and preparing to tow it. Now, my car was not actually on the tow truck at this time. I asked the driver to please leave my car alone and he said, "I can't do that. The ticketing person is over there [he motioned across the street] and I can't stop it now." The tow truck driver was not a municipal employee. I have already paid the ticket and impound fee, which is a total of $192.00. Is there anything I can do about this? I feel like it's a total abuse of the way the system was designed to work. By the way, I was working in a homeless shelter and waiting for a fax to come through so the woman could move. I have a copy of the timed fax if it matters. Will a judge show any leniency given these circumstances? Also, I have been driving for 12 years and never received any traffic violations. Please respond.
Make sure you are at your car by 2:59 PM by the time the tow truck pulled in to attempt to tow your car off the property by 3:00 PM.

B

bchoffel

Thanks for your insight. It's clear you spent a great deal of time reflecting upon this problem and have therefore provided the most thorough analysis your intellectual capacity would permit. ;)

P

plifter

If you returned to your vehicle at exactly 3:00 PM then wouldn't that mean that you were ticketed before 3 PM if they already had the tow truck there? Did the cop call the tow truck and have the truck driver wait until 3:00 to tow your car?

Sounds like more police abuse to me!:rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plifter said:
If you returned to your vehicle at exactly 3:00 PM then wouldn't that mean that you were ticketed before 3 PM if they already had the tow truck there? Did the cop call the tow truck and have the truck driver wait until 3:00 to tow your car?

Sounds like more police abuse to me!:rolleyes:

. . . and, there's no one who knows more about "police abuse" than member "plifter." He's always being abused by the police.

Because if his knowledge of abuse, plifter also has this recommendation . . .

"Sometimes I like to jack off while I'm driving and the tinting gives me a bit of privacy."

- - By member "plifter," February 24, 2002

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">