• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal limit .08, I was .09.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thuderforce

What is the name of your state? California

I was arrested for dui. it was my first offense. The breathalyzer that I took while I was stopped on the road read around .12 or something. When I went to the station, the cop had me do two. one read .08 and the other read .09. I also was never read my miranda rights. A freind of mine got a dui w/ a bac of .09 and his charges were dismissed. He said that mine will be dismissed also. Is this true? and do I need to get a lawyer?
I would also like to know if both breathalyzer tests will be submitted to the court or is it just the one that I took at the station.. thank you.

TYRIS

thuderforce said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was arrested for dui. it was my first offense. The breathalyzer that I took while I was stopped on the road read around .12 or something. When I went to the station, the cop had me do two. one read .08 and the other read .09. I also was never read my miranda rights. A freind of mine got a dui w/ a bac of .09 and his charges were dismissed. He said that mine will be dismissed also. Is this true? and do I need to get a lawyer?
I would also like to know if both breathalyzer tests will be submitted to the court or is it just the one that I took at the station.. thank you.
the breathalizer test you took on the side of the road was nothing more than another field sobriety test. the breath test you took at the station is the actual test. also, you are not required to have your miranda rights read to you during a dui. i would get a lawyer and try to get the case plead down to a "wet and reckless".

TYRIS

C

CombatTN88

.01 over should be qualified for reckless which is something that you need to hammer down from DUI.

Good thing you didn't drink heavy liquor or you would be in a deep you know what I mean.

Regards, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">