• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Willing Custody of child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BigDaddy1115

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I need Help!!! My spouse and I do not have a will made out that in the event of our deaths who will receive custody of our child. Each of us thinks our own parents should get custody and we have not come to an agreement on anything. If we don't have a will, what would happen to our minor child. Someone told me the state would take him away and a family member would have to apply to adopt him. Is this correct? Also, if I went and made a will out leaving him to my parents and I only signed it, would it be legal and binding - if my spouse has no will? Please help... I am worried about my son's future should my spouse and I die unexpectedly. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">