• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate/disbursement of monies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jsherman

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I wrote on Friday. I learned today that my uncles will has gone through probate and has been recorded at the county clerks office. There is no property involved, only the disbursement of monies.

Since the will has been probated, how long should/could it take for the monies to be distributed?

ALawyer

The executor needs to make sure there is no possible claim against the estate and no taxes that are due and payable. That may take as much as a year. Or if there is little to worry about, and everyine is willing to agree to return any bequest should the estate have a need for it, and give assurances they can do so if the time comes, the can pay it out right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">