• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui felony or midemeanor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4inguy

What is the name of your state? AZ

is a dui a felony or misdemeaner?
i have a 2nd degree warrant for not going to court for a dui along with some other charges. if i live in another state are they really gonna bother and go after me just for a dui????? do i have to worry about it if i'm far from arizona?

L

Lady Libertine

4inguy said:

i have a 2nd degree warrant for not going to court for a dui along with some other charges. if i live in another state are they really gonna bother and go after me just for a dui????? do i have to worry about it if i'm far from arizona?
If you had made your appearance they would have told you whether it's a felony or misdemeanor.

No, you are not safe in another state, I suggest you leave the country, immediately.

If you don't, and they do come for you, I suggest you resist being taken at all costs. Wave a gun around in the air and yell "You'll never take me alive! Dirty coppers!" Hopefully they will shoot you and I won't have to worry about meeting you on the road, driving drunk, in whatever state you are living in now.

~LL

C

CombatTN88

4inguy said:

The warrant is active in 50 states and US terrorities. For felony or misdemeaour, it depends on how many dui convictions you had in past.

You would go to the jail for FTA (Failure to Appear) for sure in additionally to DUI and other charges that you didn't mention.

Why did you FTA? It only leads to make things worse.

Regards, Combat

D

Doubting Thomas

Best slip into Mexico now - BEFORE they find you!! Run for your life!!! :)

Y

yoyoma

mexico is far better then the ice cold canada....

warm beaches nice easy wimmin,wanting some gringo cash!!!!

just easy livin, no worry about the koppers...

mandy7181

Dude, HOW stupid can you get????? Not only do you have DUI and FTA but you crossed state lines with a warrant against you. You wanna talk federal offenses. What may have been a misdemeanor has actually become a felony. If you were smart i would turn yourself in and save yourself the trouble of running from the law. Its always better when you follow the rules.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mandy7181 said:
Dude, HOW stupid can you get????? Not only do you have DUI and FTA but you crossed state lines with a warrant against you. You wanna talk federal offenses. What may have been a misdemeanor has actually become a felony. If you were smart i would turn yourself in and save yourself the trouble of running from the law. Its always better when you follow the rules.
My response:

Well, Mandy . . .

Finally, a decent, correct, "law and order" response. Perhaps, however, you'd recommend a drunk for "early release" too? I can't make my mind up - - is it better to be convicted for DUI or Domestic Violence?

IAAL

mandy7181

IIAL--wanna clear something up--my husband posted the ordeal about the domestic violence case---he just didnt sign up for a new handle--sorry bout that

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mandy7181 said:
IIAL--wanna clear something up--my husband posted the ordeal about the domestic violence case---he just didnt sign up for a new handle--sorry bout that
My response:

Oh, great.

Now, I have to get a scorecard!

How about having that slack-jawed husband of yours getting his own "handle"? Because, I'm too old to figure out who's who anymore.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mandy7181 said:
ill do that--IIAL---i was trying to deal with a VERY cranky 11 month old who is teething at the time.
My response:

It's "IAAL" - - okay?

So, what you're saying is, that when the baby is cranky, your husband likes to stick his nose in other people's business by telling them how they should care for their own child, and who wants criminals to get out early. Is that what you're saying?

IAAL

F

fscott824

Arizona is one of the worst states,,,, here's my suggestion. They WILL come and get you. They have nothing better to do with their time or their money. Was this in Phoenix/ Maricopa County? If so, you are double-screwed. These cowboys still feel it is the wild, wild west and treat you as such. This may sound flip but it is way too close to the truth. The Maricopa County Sheriff department has been investigated numerous times by the US Department of Justice, the Maricopa County Board has paid many large suits as a result but the old people keep electing him. When you live out of state it is really difficult to find a good Arizona attorney, most will want 5K just to talk to you,, not defend you,,,, just talk. We live 2,000 miles from Arizona and they picked up my husband on a charge that is 15 years old. Many injustices were done along the way but we did not have 50K to hire an attorney to fight it. He is currently a "resident" of Arizona. So, my suggestion is get educated on your crime and your rights.. cuz Arizona isn't going to give you any rights. Wishing you good luck is a true under statement. By the way, Sheriff Joe was paying bounties to collect on old warrants. They will get you... perhaps when you least expect it. This is not meant to frighten you but to educate you. Then be prepared to eat green bologna and ostrich meat. These are not exaggerations. Say your Hail Mary's and get busy trying to resolve this before they get you.

C

CaliCat

Yup. Crossing state lines made it e felony of it was a misdemeanor, and even worse if it was to be tried as a felony. GO turn yourself in. NOW. It's going to suck, but will be worse later if you don't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">