• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

.09 Will My Case Be Dissmissed??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thuderforce

What is the name of your state? California (.08 legal limit)

When I went to the station, the cop did 2 tests. One read .08 and the other read .09. A friend of mine who got a DUI a few years ago and was sent to the same courthouse as the one i'll be going to said that his case was dismissed and that mine will most likely be dismissed also. He said it probably was because it was his first DUI. This was also my first and unlike my friend, Ive never been arrested (except for once as a juvenile 7 yrs ago which is supposed to be cleared from my record).

Will I still need a lawyer? I figured if the case wasnt dismissed, I could plead not guilty and get a lawyer. Would that be adviseable?

Also, do lawyers allow their fees to be paid in payments over time or do they ask for it all at once?

T

thuderforce

oops.. i forgot to mention that my friends bac was also .09

C

CombatTN88

thuderforce said:
What is the name of your state? California (.08 legal limit)

When I went to the station, the cop did 2 tests. One read .08 and the other read .09. A friend of mine who got a DUI a few years ago and was sent to the same courthouse as the one i'll be going to said that his case was dismissed and that mine will most likely be dismissed also. He said it probably was because it was his first DUI. This was also my first and unlike my friend, Ive never been arrested (except for once as a juvenile 7 yrs ago which is supposed to be cleared from my record).

Will I still need a lawyer? I figured if the case wasnt dismissed, I could plead not guilty and get a lawyer. Would that be adviseable?

Also, do lawyers allow their fees to be paid in payments over time or do they ask for it all at once?
Don't follow your friend's tip. Get a lawyer to consult about this. Since it is .01 over limit, you are still eligable for DUI conviction, no matter if it is first time offense or not. Perhaps that judge was in a good mood before...

GET A LAWYER... If you can't afford a lawyer, get a court appointed one...

Regards, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">