• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimbomissouri

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I own a small pest control business. I treated a trail and addition for termites last spring. I was called to retreat again this spring, yet found no termites present in the building. Her contract states that we treated the structures only and that she has a right to have it retreated only. No damages included. The cutomer threw a fit. demanded that I retreat in her residence. I did so reluctantly. She then claimed I scratched her cabinette and spilled poison on her carpet squares. She has since thrown the carpet squares away. She has suited me asking for all new carpet, a new cabinette, and monies paid for pest control treatment. My insurance company denied her claim. The judge awarded her almost $500.00 which the judge said was her original payment for pest control. She was denied damges. Her brother, a juvenile assaulted me in the courthouse following the hearing. The client and her mother called me repeatedly cursing me and demanding money. The client has now informed me that she is appealing the judge's ruling and wants even more money. This woman has no job and sees this as a way to make money. I want to appeal the judge's decision as well, but was told that I would need a lawyer to represent me with this action. I have never been suited before and find this to be almost overwhelming. Has anyone ever been through simular circumstances. WHat did you do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">