• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joseph17

NJ/Burlington County

For small claims hearing next month ($660 claim), I need to subpoena my car mechanic who diagnosed and fixed a problem with my transmission, which was caused by an oil change station (defendant). I was informally told it would cost me $2 plus 25 cents per mile, and I am supposed to give it to the mechanic when the subpoena is served by me personally I am told.

1. But there seems to be a question as to whether or not I am required to pay the mechanic or the dealership for whom he works for his time away from his work, and if so how much?

2. And whether or not he is considered an "expert" witness, seems to make a difference? The dealership manager said someone will appear only with a subpoena (to back up what was put in writing.

3. Can I add any fee to my original claim? If not, could I agree to have my car serviced more often at the dealership, in lieu of payment of a fee?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

thanks.

Joe/NJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">