• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lostnkansas

Kansas, My bf was arrested for a dui in May. He went to court and they didn't have their stuff together, went back again, they said waiting on the arresting officer to give them more information. They dropped his bond and told him something would come in the mail. How long do they have to do this? Also he was driving on a revoked liscence, this has never been brought up in court or otherwise. Seems very sketchy just would like to know how long he needs to worry about this. According to my resorces all charges were dropped but could be refiled. How long do they have to do this as well? I will add he wasn't drunk but was driving and refused the blood test. Didn't offer him a breath test wanted blood. will also add small town and my ex husband called the cops on him when he saw him driving. which is neither here nor there. just would like to have a bit of a time line here if anyone can give me one plz.. THANKS!!

Y

yoyoma

You see what we dont understand is why anyone would drink and drive?

All it takes is to keep an extra $10 for cab fare in the side pocket, and no problems......

In fact most of the bars I dj'ed in would PAY for a cab home for a regular customer, or would add it to the tab.

So unless your BF is really a drunken loser, there is no excuse for this, why could'nt you pick him up instead?

L

lostnkansas

OK I know i left out a lot of details but he was not drunk and was not at a bar!!! He left from our house after we got into an argument. I do all the driving because he has no drivers liscence but this is the one time he decided to take it upon himself to drive. He was going to go catfishing, taking dirt roads to get away from the argument. Doesn't make it right none of it was right. He refused the test because he was scared. He hasn't received a dui or gotten into any other trouble besides this since we have been together because i agree drinking and driving is as stupid as it comes. Risking not only your own life but that of others as well.. HE SCREWED UP. I know this. He knows this he's been trying to change his life around and not screw up as he has done in the past. Question still remains, how long do they have to file charges?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">