• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curb1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Attorney was named as Trustee of Living Trust. He charged $26,000. to handle Trust upon death of my brother. Brother had all cash assets(CDs, T-Bills)and no property. No beneficiaries saw trust documents before disbursement. After disbursement the attorney/trustee said it would cost "a lot" to let anyone see documents and if one (of eleven) beneficiary would see documents then he said he would have to send documents to everyone by law. Is that correct?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

curb1 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Attorney was named as Trustee of Living Trust. He charged $26,000. to handle Trust upon death of my brother. Brother had all cash assets(CDs, T-Bills)and no property. No beneficiaries saw trust documents before disbursement. After disbursement the attorney/trustee said it would cost "a lot" to let anyone see documents and if one (of eleven) beneficiary would see documents then he said he would have to send documents to everyone by law. Is that correct?
My response:

Here's what you tell the attorney.

You remind him that he has a fiduciary duty to you, and each of you, to show you the Trust documentation. Therefore, he can do this in one of three ways:

1. Set an appointment for you to be in his office to view the documents.

2. Send you the documents for review.

3. Have the State Bar of Arizona compel him to send the documents to you.

. . . and, all without charge. Ask him to make his choice within 10 days or you will make the choice for him. You further remind him that his compliance with the law is HIS problem because:

1. He accepted the position of being Trustee.

2. He's being paid for his work.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">