• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jkndasher

What is the name of your state? PA

Do I need a lawyer? Was arrested for drunk driving on my street, witnessed by neighbors, my son and his friend. I was biligerant and did not want to be hancuffed since broke arm year ago and they were hurting me. Went to hosp for BAC (2.6) and three weeks later got my hearing date in my community. Three counts of DUI, BAC over legal limit, and trying to flee(?) the scene. I am scared about jail time and/or losing my job....I walk to work so losing my license will not be a big loss. What am I in for?

C

CombatTN88

jkndasher said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Do I need a lawyer? Was arrested for drunk driving on my street, witnessed by neighbors, my son and his friend. I was biligerant and did not want to be hancuffed since broke arm year ago and they were hurting me. Went to hosp for BAC (2.6) and three weeks later got my hearing date in my community. Three counts of DUI, BAC over legal limit, and trying to flee(?) the scene. I am scared about jail time and/or losing my job....I walk to work so losing my license will not be a big loss. What am I in for?
What am I in for? Well, it depends on if you are first time offender or not. If you are a first time offender, it is:

48 hours in lockup
1 year of probation
big fines
1 year of loss of license
quailified to get SR-22 insurance

For your job, ask judge to give you a weekend sentence (your days off) to serve your sentence.

Get a lawyer right away to work on this.

Regards, Combat

J

jkndasher

Thanks for reply Combat...guess I have to pay a fine and do the time. I will contact lawyer as you suggested, but my buddies tell me don't get a lawyer...will the sentence be stricter if I don't employ a lawyer??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">