• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5th DUI-now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aej37

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My ex just got his 5th DUI along with a prostitution charge while being on probation for his 4th felony DUI. The prosecuting attorney won't call me back about the charges that are yet to be filed after 2 1/2 months. How long does it take and why has his probation not been revoked?

F

finally legal

has he done any jail time? not trying to be a smart*** but are you trying to help him are do you want him locked up ? if he lived in my state he would have went to prison on the 4th charge. if your looking to see him locked up call the prosecutor and make sure their aware of him before they have case of manslaughter caused by his careless drunk driving. wow

A

aej37

Yes, he's done prison, but he works the system. He did a plea agreement for his 4th DUI of only 4 months. I want to put him away. The prosecutor won't return my calls. They won't talk to victims or family. I even called the prosecuting attorney that did the plea agreement begging to get him off the streets before someone dies. No one wants the help. I just don't understand. I even called mothers against drunk driving. but they'd only help after my son is dead. Cute, huh? How can I get someone to listen?

F

finally legal

it sounds like you're doing all you can, i can't think of anyone else you could contact. of course you could always write a letter to your local news paper and see if they would be interested in doing a story on how their legal system is allowing drunk drivers to go unpunished and countinue doing the same that would get somebodys attention i'm sure.. sorry i'm not alot of help

A

aej37

Thanks anyway. I've written to the newstation and they have bigger fish to fry. I have a feeling it will only make the news when someone dies (sad to say).

tammy8

Maybe someone besides yourself needs to call. Maybe by you calling the DA they are taking it as a domestic problem and refuse to get in the middle of domestic problems (until something bad happens).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">