• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil issue : defamation / libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheib

What is the name of your state? Washington
Upon advice I have filed an anti-harassment order against my neighbor after tensions over our demand for them to remove a fence placed on our property esclatated into a serious verbal altercation, in which they mocked the murder of my 12 yo sister. Of course, I was served an order today, as we expected. What I didn't expect was the outrageously horendous statement this woman would go to (and of course, playing the 'race' card). Is there some action I can take against this person for making an obviously malicious lie? So far this nonsense has only occured in court docs, but it has been spreading via word of mouth to neighbors.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">