• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

I'll be dipped

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My spouse is the only beneficiary/remainderman of a GST trust. Both parents have passed away. What is involved in terminating a trust of this type and what is a reasonable length of time for this to be completed. Any tricks (from the bank) to watch out for along the way? We hadn't planned on using an attorney but will if it will help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dandy Don

You will probably need to consult with a local trust attorney about your question, since it is not very likely that a trust attorney would be looking at this particular website.

Or, do your own research by checking out a book about trusts from the library, or using a search engine to search the term "GST trust" enclosed in quotation marks (or with the GST spelled out in whatever the actual words are) to see what information is available about this subject on the world wide web.

I

I'll be dipped

To: Dandy Don

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'll be contacting an attorney in our area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">