• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rervin

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Indiana

im not even sure this is the right place to ask this...i have been having trouble with my daughter for the past 18 months...she left her home divorced her husband and more or less disappeared for about 18 months...we would see her from time to time when she needed money or food...we also put money into a vehicle for her to drive...it was broken down and left in our back yard...my husband worked on it and put our money into it.....in this time she left many or her possessions here at my home...ruling out clothing and all such personal items....we are wondering about a law which says that after so long a time we are intitled to keep anything except her most personal items....is there such a law?....also is it possible to put a mechanics lien on this vehicle....she owes us money and many members of our family...we have tried to help her but it seems to be all in vain because she shows up for a few days and is off again...also we have had custody of her 12 year old son for this 18 month period...i would appreciate any advice you could give me on this....thank you in advance...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">